THE TRIPLE SUPERSET WORKOUT
Directions: Warm up, then perform the supersets in the order shown. Rest 90 seconds between each of the three supersets.
1A) EZ-bar preacher curl, 8 to 10 reps
1B) Single-arm overhead dumbbell triceps extension, 8 to 10 reps, each side
That’s 1 round. Do 4 total rounds, resting a few seconds between supersets.
2A) Low cable rope hammer curl, 12 to 15 reps
2B) Low cable single-arm triceps pressdown, 12 to 15 reps, each side (Set the pulley on a cable machine at the lowest height and attach a rope handle to the anchor. Bend your torso forward slightly and grab the handle with one hand, with your arm bent. That's your starting position. Press your hand back and straighten your arm, then return to your starting position. That’s 1 rep.)
That’s 1 round. Do 3 total rounds, resting a few seconds between supersets.
3A) Band hammer curl, 60 reps in 30 seconds
3B) Medicine ball pushup, as many reps as possible
That’s 1 round. Do 2 total rounds, resting a few seconds between supersets.
THE NEW 21S
Directions: Perform the following three exercises in the order shown, with no rest between moves.
1A) Leaning dumbbell biceps curl, 7 reps (Perform curls while leaning your torso slightly forward.)
1B) Isometric dumbbell mid-curl hold, 7 seconds
1C) Dumbbell curl, 7 reps
Rest 90 seconds. That’s 1 round. Do 3 total rounds, then move on to the next exercise.
2) Slow-tempo machine triceps extension, 10 to 12 reps (Take 8 seconds to lower the weight each rep.)
Do 3 sets, resting 90 seconds between sets. Then move on to the following superset.
3A) EZ-bar biceps curl, 15 to 20 reps
3B) Lying EZ-bar triceps extension, 15 to 20 reps
Rest 60 seconds. That’s 1 round. Do 3 total rounds, then move on to the next superset.
4A) Triceps rope extension, 8 to 10 reps, reduce weight by 50 percent, then do another 8 to 10 reps
4B) Single-arm cable rope curl, 15 to 20 reps each side.
Rest 90 seconds. That’s 1 round. Do 2 total rounds.
THE GAINZ LADDER
Directions: Perform the first two exercises as a superset, meaning that you'll do them back-to-back with no rest between exercises. Then rest 90 seconds. That's 1 superset. Do 3 supersets, then move on to the next exercise.
1A) Chinup, 15 to 20 reps (if you can’t do that many, do assisted chinups)
1B) Dumbbell skull crusher, 15 to 20 reps
Do 3 sets of each of the following exercises in the order shown. Rest 60 seconds between sets. Complete all 3 sets of one exercise before moving on to the nextexercise.
2. Dumbbell triceps kickback ladder, 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 reps. Do your reps with one arm while your other stays outstretched, holding the weight. Then switch arms and repeat, continuing to do one less rep until you complete your final rep.
3) Slow machine biceps curl, 10 to 12 reps (Pause for 10 seconds at the top of each rep, and take 8 seconds to lower the weight.)
4) Triceps dip, as many reps as possible
5) Dumbbell biceps curl ladder, 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 reps. Do your reps with one arm while your other holds the dumbbell at the midpoint of the exercise. Then switch arms and repeat, continuing to do one less rep until you do just one rep.
This article was originally published on MensHealth.com