No action hero physique is complete without killer shoulders and arms.
If you're trying to get that coveted V taper had by the likes of Sylvester Stallone — who's still crushing his upper body workouts at age 71, by the way — look no further than this Action Hero Jacked workout from Jeremy Scott, owner of Jeremy Scott Fitness.
This workout is relentless on your shoulders. And if you want an added benefit, Scott recommends doing these exercises standing whenever possible to make it an ab workout, too.
You'll notice that Scott closes out the workout with 12 minutes of continuous carries. Being able to adjust your grip will allow you to focus on strengthening your shoulders from various angles, while also preventing your form from collapsing due to fatigue. Carries work your shoulders, but are also great for your posture and grip. It’s the perfect way to punctuate an intense shoulder workout.
Directions: Perform the exercises below in the order listed.
1. Standing barbell press, 4 sets, 8-12 reps
2. Standing Arnold press, 3 sets, 8-12 reps
3. Dumbbell lateral raise, 3 sets, 8-12 reps
4. Band press and hold, 30 seconds each, 5 minutes total
5. Dumbbell upright row, 3 sets, 8-12 reps
6. Head-supported reverse fly, 3 sets of max reps
7. Loaded carry, various grips, 12-minutes continuous.