It's frosty outside, and chances are you just want to hide under the covers and ditch your morning workout for an extra sleep-in.
But according to experts, doing something is better than doing nothing. And chances are your number of sessions are going to slip a little over winter but if you keep ticking over by the time spring comes around you'll be ready to step it up again rather than starting from scratch having let it all go over the colder months.
1. The cooler air makes it easier to exercise without sweating too much so your body doesn't have to work as hard to self-regulate its temperature.
2. Strengthened mindset - If you can exercise throughout winter you are going to find training throughout the rest of the year much easier. Staying fit and healthy over winter can reduce the risk of coming down with flu.
3. The feeling of accomplishment when everyone else is hibernating and eating junk food is great - a boost in energy over a time where most are lazy and tired all the time.
4. Gyms are often empty, beaches and workout spots quiet.
5. It's a great time of the year to wrap up warm and discover some new running trails. The winter light is incredible and you're often rewarded with some amazing sunrises and sunsets.
6. The seasonal food available allows you to try different dishes, such as hearty soups, nutritious broths and warm tasty salads - these dishes will compliment your training for a lean physique.
7. You don't need to miss out on some of those indulgent meals over the weekend knowing you have exercised and eaten well during the week. You can afford to relax a little and enjoy yourself.
8. Whatever happens, you never ever regret a workout. You do however regret staying in bed and walking into work feeling drowsy and lethargic. It's a cycle we all know all too well. But winter will be gone in a flash so put in the hard work now and reap the rewards later.