With the season launching in just over two weeks – the Australian Grand Prix will kick off proceedings on March 15 – a report from GPFans has revealed just how much racing stars will take home for this year's instalment.
Naturally, Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton topped the standings, earning a whopping 48 million euros ( just under 80 million Aus dollars). Controversial star Sebastian Vettel, who reps Ferrari, came in second with 42 million euros (Just under 70 million Aus dollars).
Aussie favourite Daniel Ricciardo, who drives with Renault, looks to round out the top three earning 18 million euros (just under 30 million Aus dollars).
Last year, Hamilton took out the championship, becoming just the second driver to win six F1 world titles. He needs just two more titles to overtake racing legend Michael Schumacher who has seven to his name.
You can see the full list below:
- Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes - €48m
- Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari - €42m
- Daniel Ricciardo, Renault - €18m
- Max Verstappen, Red Bull - €16m
- Charles Leclerc, Ferrari - €9m
- Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes - €7.5m
- Kimi Raikkonen, Alfa Romeo - €4m