According to Everyday Health, doctors estimate between 20 and 30 per cent of men will experience premature ejaculation at some stage of their lives.
The publication suggests there are three psychological reasons for premature ejaculation:
- Previous sexual experiences that linked sex to excitement and anxiety.
- Anxiety related to sexual performance or other life issues.
- Fear of erectile dysfunction.
Meanwhile, according to site, there are other causes due to health concerns:
- Abnormal hormone levels
- Low levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin
- Abnormal condition affecting the ejaculatory system
- Thyroid issues
- Inflammation or infection of the reproductive organs, specifically the prostate or the urethra
- Damage to the nervous system, which could have been caused by trauma or surgery
- Diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease
If premature ejaculation is something that makes you nervous, here are 7 ways to last longer in bed.