A survey conducted by dating app Badoo asked participants what made them swipe left and swipe right.
RELATED: 7 Ways To Keep Your Relationship Hot
As you'd expect, photos play a huge part. Not just the level of attractiveness, but the content of the picture.
If you're spotted with an attractive woman, sorry, but more than half will hit the red cross. Conversely, If you want your photos to do the job, turns out 30 per cent of women would swipe right if you're one with nature - the countryside is always a favourable shot.
And if you need something to do with your hands? Why not hold a pet? 29 per cent of women would swipe right if there's a dog in your picture.
A big no-go? Leave the selfies in the gym behind. Thirty-seven per cent of females are put-off by workout photos.
Heres a list of what made women swipe right and swipe left:
Women swipe right for…
- A profile picture in the countryside - 30 per cent
- A profile picture with a dog in it - 29 per cent
- A profile picture displaying tattoos - 18 per cent
- A man with a beard - 18 per cent
- A profile picture showing a car - 7 per cent
- A photo of a man with an attractive woman - 2 per cent
- A profile picture taken in the gym - 8 per cent
Women swipe left for:
- A photo of a man with an attractive woman - 54 per cent
- Group photos that make it difficult to decipher whose profile it is - 49 per cent
- Shirtless photos - 47 per cent
- A profile picture taking in the gym - 37 per cent
- A mirror selfie - 32 per cent
- A profile picture showing a car - 29 per cent
- A man with a beard - 22 per cent
- A man posing with safari animals - 19 per cent
- A profile picture displaying tattoos - 19 per cent