1. 1 TBSP NUT BUTTER (95 CALORIES)
Grind almonds, cashews, and peanuts and you’ll fill up with heart-healthy fats and up to four grams of protein.
2. 1/2 CUP FAT-FREE GREEK YOGURT (65 CALORIES)
This delicious dairy choice adds density and about 10 per cent of your recommended daily calcium quota.
3. SMALL FROZEN BANANA (89 CALORIES)
Three grams of fibre help ward off hunger pangs, and the frozen fruit, even when blended, creates a heartier finish.
4. 2 TBSP HEMP SEEDS (90 CALORIES)
They offer a nutty taste and a balanced dose of omega-3 and omega-6 fats, along with natural creaminess.
5. 1/4 AVOCADO (80 CALORIES)
Avocados provide smooth texture, fibre, and good fats for stomach-staying power.
6. 1 TBSP CHIA SEEDS (63 CALORIES)
The super seeds expand in liquid, making your blend more substantial.
7. 2 TBSP COCONUT POWDER (60 CALORIES)
Only mildly coconut-y, the gluten-free powder absorbs lots of moisture, so you get a richer shake (plus 5 grams of filling fibre).