The Nightmare on Elm Street actor has had some had some questionable financial choices, which include forgetting to cancel a lease on a $30,000-a-month L.A. rental house.
In a list put together by The Cut, here's everything Depp is alleged to have spent his money on:
- A 10,500-square-foot rented mansion in London’s Highgate neighbourhood.
- A personal chef who prepares Depp and Rodrick a “three-course meal of pad thai, duck and gingerbread with berries.”
- A 1940 Harley-Davidson.
- The Viper Room, formerly owned by Bugsy Siegel.
- An 8,000-square-foot estate nicknamed “Dracula’s Castle.”
- Millions of dollars on a legal team “to bail him out of numerous legal crises” and pay “hush money.”
- $75 million for 14 residences.
- $3 million to shoot his friend Hunter S. Thompson’s ashes into the sky from a cannon.
- $7,000 on a couch from the set of Keeping Up With the Kardashians for his daughter.
- 70 guitars.
- 200 pieces of art, including Basquiats and Warhols.
- 45 luxury vehicles.
- $200,000 a month on private air travel.
- A sound engineer on the payroll so he could feed him lines through an earpiece while filming.
- 12 storage facilities for his Hollywood memorabilia, largely of Marlon Brando and Marilyn Monroe.
- $1.2 million to keep a doctor on call.
- $1.8 million a year on round-the-clock security.
- Upwards of $30,000 a month on wine.
- An island in the Bahamas.
- A French villa for his ex Vanessa Paradis and their kids.
- A $30,000-a-month L.A. rental house for his mom before she died, which continued to run up charges because “according to Depp, the Mandels forgot to cancel the lease.”
- A Hollywood Hills compound, “where Depp had purchased five homes that he had knitted together into an urban estate.”
- A wedding, and rent and mortgage payments for his sister Christi.
- $1 million on his wedding to his ex Amber Heard.
- A $7 million payment to Heard after she sued him for domestic abuse.
Depp will next appear in Pirates of the Caribbean 6, rumoured for release later this year.