The study, on behalf of mattress company Sleepopolis, surveyed 2000 Americans to investigate common traits of early birds. Interestingly, early risers fared well, having sex on averaging 3 times a week and earning an average income of US$42,000 a year - more than their lazier counterparts (US$38,000).
Unfortunately, getting up early has it's pitfalls. Early starts means late finishes, according to the findings.
RELATED: Eat This Now To Have More Sex
Meanwhile, those staying up late at night managed to get down and dirty twice a week, were more likely to be single and bizarrely, also believed in ghosts and mythical characters.
Controversially, night owls were also 10 per cent less happier than their counterparts.
Here's a break down of the results:
- More likely to work in a corporate job
- Believe in love at first sight and have tried their luck at online dating
- More likely to have a better night's sleep
- They like to think they're happy, organised, clean, confident and sociable
- Much more active: enjoy hiking, sports and exercising at the gym
- More likely to be a sleep talker
- 6:15am wake up
- More likely to have difficulty sleeping
- Enjoy reading and sleeping
- Average income of US$38,000
- Think of themselves as perfectionists, sarcastic and shy
- More likely to sleep with their pets
- Crash at 2:55am