- 1 glass of water
- 1 capsule of apple cider vinegar
- 1 serving of Greens Whole Foods Powder (Tropical Flavour)
- 30g Spinach or Kale
- 50g Celery
- 1 tsp of Glutamine
- 1 tsp of manuka honey
- 1 serving of BSC Hydroxyburn Shred Neurothermogenic
Water is critical at speeding up your metabolism and waking you up in the morning. Throw in the super foods and supplements above and you have a powerhouse of nutrients to help you start your day. Apple cider vinegar in a convenient capsule to regulate blood sugar and maximise nutrient absorption for the day, which is really the theme of this drink.
Along with the supplements, I like to add some whole foods in the form of spinach and celery for added nutrient absorptions and solids also help with satiety. Next I throw in a teaspoon of pure glutamine for recovery, gut health and maintaining healthy muscle tissue, Manuka honey for its antibacterial properties and finally Hydroxy Burn Shred Neuro-Thermogenic.
The above is information to empower you about ‘the why’, which I sincerely believe plays a huge role in how well you sustain healthy nutritional habits. So don’t let all this information scare you, the process is so quick and is perfect for the time-poor individual which is probably all of us in this rat race of a society.
While I am consuming the above magical formula, the kettle is on, ready to prepare my coffee.
6:30am - 7:00am:
- 1-2 pieces of fruit (Fruits abundance of micronutrients are best absorbed before food)
- 3 Whole Eggs (for fast digesting protein. Keep the yolks! They are no accident and packed with essential fats, micronutrients and zinc)
- 100g Oats (dry weight) with cinnamon and Manuka honey (Oats are great for giving you energy all day. The cinnamon blunts that insulin spike preventing fat storage and maximising nutrient absorption. The Manuka honey is great to sweeten your oats guilt free and has great antibacterial properties)
I also add a scoop of vegan protein with my oats for added protein. In the morning I like to opt for this particular protein as my stomach is slightly more sensitive in the morning compared to later during the day. And being vegan, gluten, and dairy free that works perfectly. It contains both pea protein and brown rice protein so I could the full amino acid spectrum as well as those forever important digestive enzymes to keep my stomach flat and bloat free!
I also have one Trandrobol Test tablet to help increase levels of bioavailable testosterone in the body so more testosterone is available to be utilised by the body. It definitely improves the working capacity of the muscles both in the gym and in the bedroom.
8:30am - 9:15am: RESISTANCE TRAINING
During Training I consume quite a bit of water. Staying hydrated is crucial for strength and muscle endurance in the gym, as well as a thousand other benefits that I should probably leave for a separate topic of discussion.
With my first bottle of water, I fill up a shaker bottle which is approximately 700ml with one scoop of Hydroxy Burn Shred Neuro, one Scoop of amino BCAA fuel and two teaspoons of glutamine.
BCAA’s are critical to maintain lean muscle, especially in a catabolic environment (such as lifting weights) which is why I also sip them throughout the entire course of the day. And of course Glutamine for maintaining gut health and nutrient absorption all day as well as ensuring the body is always in recovery mode.
9:15am - 9:35am: LISS Cardio
I don’t wait to finish cardio before I get my muscle recovery protein in, I actually like to sip on it slowly during Cardio. I add one and a half scoops of lean ultra premium protein with approximately 300mls of water and sip that slowly to get the recovery process under way immediately. This also allows the protein time to digest so that I am ready to eat a whole food meal almost immediately afterwards.
The protein contains three fast acting whey proteins, two extended action casein proteins and Digezyme, to help break down the proteins in question for better absorption and less gut stress. It also contains Prebiotics, 17 vitamins and carnitine to further add thot lean muscle only journey we are all on. Being such high quality, gluten free and with no added sugar it’s no wonder this product gets a perfect 5/5 Health Star Rating.
- 200g of White Fish (I like an easy to digest protein source immediately after training to get that protein synthesis happening nice and fast)
- 200g of Sweet Potato (sweet potato is packed with vitamin A, beta-carotene and helps soothe the stomach. Giving prolonged energy and replenishing your glycogen stores so you bounce back with energy to continue with your day)
- 100g Of Green Vegetables (micronutrients are underrated in a world surrounded by macro’s. Eat your vegetables not only for general health and wellbeing but also to add fibre to you diet so you maximise nutrient uptake and maintain a healthy bowel system).
12:00pm - 1:00pm: BJJ - Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
I also have 1 Trandrobol Test tablet here before training, to help increase muscle endurance levels. It’s applicable before the above weights session however I like to spread the two tablets apart with regards to timing to maximise the effect of this powerful supplement.
BJJ forces the body to use both aerobic and anaerobic systems of the body and so the supplement and nutrient requirements before, during and after are very similar to my gym session mentioned earlier.
I fill up my shaker bottle which is approximately 700ml with one scoop of Hydroxy Burn Shred Neuro, one Scoop of amino BCAA fuel and 2 teaspoons of Glutamine for the very same reasons mentioned above and then one will add one and a half scoops of lean ultra premium protein with approximately 300mls of water and sip that slowly till my next meal is ready.
- 180g Chicken Breast (mixing up protein sources ensure you meet that micronutrient bench mark not just protein alone. Opt for chemical; free, hormone free chicken)
- 100g Brown Rice or Quinoa (mixing up your Low GI carbohydrate source ensures that you get all the antioxidants your body needs to stay in that muscle building/fat burning state)
- 100g of Green Vegetables
- 30g Avocado (essential fats are great throughout the day to prolong the release of carbohydrates so your energy levels are sustained for long periods. They also helps maintain a healthy mind and healthy joints).
Here is where I sometimes get peckish. Two sessions completed within the first half of the day will often do that to an individual. Thankfully my diet and supplement schedule is quite effective and so I am never ravenous and desiring to binge. For that reason I always ensure I have a few protein bars packed in my bag for good measure as they often come in handy. They don’t disturb my appetite or ability to eat my next meal. Being so clean they are absorbed rather easily and also don’t fall short in the taste department either.
- 150g of White Fish
- 100g Sweet Potato
- 100g of Green Vegetables
- 20 Almonds (mixing up essential fat sources also helps you target stubborn fat, in addition to the benefits mentioned above regarding avocado)
Before dinner I like to have a hot cup of BSC Clean Tea TX100. I find that it really helps with digestion at the end of the day when it’s needed most. There’s nothing worse than going to bed with a full stomach and feeling bloated. Made completely out of plant based foods including kombucha tea, apple cider vinegar, Antioxidants, Pre and Probiotics, and Vitamin C for good measure, you won’t believe how good these Clean Tea’s taste with so little ingredients and zero impurities. I often have them throughout the day, both hot and cold, and enjoy swapping the Lemon Ginger flavour for the very tasty Super berry.
- 200g Salmon (200g of Grass fed beef or lamb every third night) (Salmon is packed with the most bioavailable source of Omega 3 and so is great before bed to prolong recovery. As is Grass Fed Red Meat due to the essential fat, CLA, which is also great for targeting stubborn fat)
- 1 Whole Egg
- 100g of Dark Green Vegetables
- After dinner have 1 row of Organic dark chocolate (70-85%) with a cup of Clean tea.
This combination is fantastic for ensuring you are looking after your digestive system not only before, but after dinner as well.
After dinner: (If I am peckish; 9-10pm)
No eating plan is complete if there are no post-dinner options for when you are feeling peckish. Here are some options that work towards helping me reach my goal rather than bringing it to a stand still!
Celery with 2 tablespoons of either humus, organic peanut butter or almond spread
Smoothie: 250ml of water, 1 cup ice, 1 serving 1 serving of lean protein with water, 1/4 of an avocado, 1tsp of organic peanut/almond butter, 1 tsp of cacao, 1/4 tsp of maca.
120g of cottage cheese mixed with 10 almonds + 1 tsp of chia seeds + 50g Blueberries
Moodi Dennaoui is a BSC ambassador and holds a Master of Research Methodology, a Bachelor of Education (Mathematics) and is a nutritional consultant.