“I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise - to absolutely nobody!”
– November 2016, after defeating Eddie Alvarez.
“The movements are beautiful, but so is the brutality. To know how to make another man’s body submit to yours - that’s a beautiful thing.”
– September 2016, U.S. Men’s Health.
“If you’re asking would I like to fight Floyd Mayweather, I mean, who would not like to dance around the ring for $180 million?”
– July 2015, pontificating on how he’d match up with the pound-for-pound boxing king.
“To win a bar fight, hit the soft part of someone’s face. Put your fist between their nose and mouth. It’s tender there. Hit first, hit hard.”
– September 2016, U.S.Men’s Health.
“Whoever said it’s tough at the top is talking absolute s***.”
– March 2015, before his fight against Chad Mendes at UFC 189.
“I don’t do effing karaoke.”
– September 2016, U.S. Men’s Health. (We asked him to reveal his go-to karaoke song. Lesson learned.)